py-gtk install hangs

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Mon Nov 8 01:40:18 UTC 2010

Did you know...

If you play a Windows 2000 CD backwards, you hear satanic messages,
but what's worse is when you play it forward....
                                      ...it installs Windows 2000

   -- Alfred Perlstein on chat at freebsd.org

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Chris Brennan <xaero at xaerolimit.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Chip Camden <sterling at camdensoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> Quoth Chris Brennan on Sunday, 07 November 2010:

>> py-gtk
>> > >

>> > I just looked at my ports and I only see this....
>> >
>> > Port:   x11-toolkits/py-gtkscintilla
>> > Moved:
>> > Date:   2009-11-30
>> > Reason: Has expired: no longer under development, last release in 2002
>> >

>> ???
>>
>> I have x11-toolkits/py-gtk, among others.  Are you doing a directory
>> listing of /usr/ports/x11-toolkits, or are you obtaining this information
>> some other way?
>>

> "cd /usr/ports; make search name=py-gtk" and it returned one result ... are
> you using an up to date snapshot? try 'portsnap fetch extract update'
>
> incidentally if I grep the dir for py-gtk I get the following results
>
> [root at BlackDragon [/usr/ports]# lsl x11-toolkits/ | grep py-gtk
>  2 drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtk
>  2 drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtk2
>  2 drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtkextra
>  2 drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtkglext
>  2 drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtksourceview
> [root at BlackDragon [/usr/ports]#
>
> for shiggles, I shall try and build it manually and see where I get on this
> .... if more then one of us do encounter the same stop then something
> upstream must be broke and we should try and track down where and report it
> to the port maintainer.
>

> Did you know...
>
> If you play a Windows 2000 CD backwards, you hear satanic messages,
> but what's worse is when you play it forward....
>                                       ...it installs Windows 2000

Make revealed the following for me (on my fbsd64-8.1 install on my laptop
(running a gui env))

[root at BlackDragon [/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/py-gtk]# make

===>  py26-gtk-0.6.11_10 conflicts with installed package(s):
      py26-gobject-2.21.1
      py26-gtk-2.17.0_4

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/py-gtk.
[root at BlackDragon [/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/py-gtk]#

Did you try and build x11-toolkits/py-gtk2?