How to go about installing drivers for Huawei EC1261 USB stick+modem on FreeBSD ?

Manish Jain invalid.pointer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 12:31:20 UTC 2010

   Hi,
   This is the first time I am using ppp on FreeBSD : till now I had
   exclusively used ethernet.
   I just purchased a Huawei USB stick+modem and I need to configure PPP
   for it. Can somebody kindly give me a pointer to what steps I need to
   follow ? I don't know the list of drivers I need to install to get
   internet up. I don't care much about the stick's mass storage
   capabilities; it is the modem I am interested in enabling. Would be
   really nice if someone could post a sample ppp.conf.
   Thanks
   Manish Jain