installing a window manager

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Wed Nov 3 16:05:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Dick Hoogendijk <dick at nagual.nl> wrote:
> Up 'till now I had a server without X. I've a need however to be able to
> graphically work on that server so I thought: I install
> x11-servers/xorg.server and after that I build windowmaker (nice and light).
> However, this does not seem to be enough to get X working.

Even WM is heavy compared to Blackbox ! I use Gnome in FBSD via binary
install out of laziness. Maybe blackbox binary install will solve your
problem quickly or portmaster blackbox may get it working as well.
Just speculation though since I've never used blackbox in FBSD but the
port is there and blackbox really rules when it come to light and
flexible WM.

Best,
Alejandro Imass