is there a utillity...?

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Wed Nov 3 06:33:20 UTC 2010

On 11/03/2010 06:55 AM, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Nov 02), Gary Kline said:
>>> You can run "systat -if" to see how much bandwidth is being used by the
>>> computer.  At 1M you should see around 120KB/s downlink.
>> Yes... outstanding.  Is there any sort of GUI app tat has this in a geaph
>> or histogram?
> Not a gui app, but I use "netstat -I em0 1" a lot to watch my network
> activity.  Replace em0 with your nic device.  Gkrellm is a gui app that
> gives you little network histograms for each interface, but they're little :)

You could setup mrtg and snmp to graph the network bandwidth usage and
integrate it in your website

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) only. Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system.