Wireless

Bill Tillman btillman99 at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 17:53:11 UTC 2010

Several months ago I installed a Sabarent Wireless-G NIC using FreeBSD-7.2-STABLE. It took some reading about wpa_supplicant but I got it working both and a wireless node and a wireless access point for my laptop computers. While it worked I can't say it worked well. Sometimes the laptop would take 3-4 minutes before connecting. Sometimes it wouldn't connect at all. Most of the time it did connect but when it did the transfer rate was slow, slow, slow. It was so unpredictable and slow I redeployed my D-Link wireless router because it still just works very reliably and there seems to be no bottleneck on the speed. Wish this were not the case because I like using my FreeBSD servers. But right now this D-Link wireless router has been running 24/7 for almost 4 months without interruption. Can't argue with results like this.