Problem compiling lsof

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Tue May 25 02:40:19 UTC 2010

On Mon 24 May 2010 at 18:54:11 PDT Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>Arthur Barlow <arthurbarlow at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Sorry about the false start. Fat fingers.  I'm trying to compile the lsof
>> program in FreeBSD 8.0 on an i686 machine.  There is a error referencing
>> "dlsof.h" and it looks like there is an ugly "hack" in the header file.  Any
>> suggestions, besides playing with the code?
>
>As of a few minutes ago, it built just fine on my i386 build system with
>the latest ports.  If you want help diagnosing your issue, you will need
>to be much more specific about what happens on your particular system,
>so we can figure out how it differs from a normal system.

Since we're talking about building a port, you should also involve its
maintainer. I've cc'ed him with this reply.

I just tried building lsof myself, on a 686-class 8.0-STABLE machine,
and had the same successful result as Lowell.

Can you give us a copy of the build output, beginning with the cc
command line that immediately precedes the failure?