PHP upgrade fails

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Fri May 21 18:02:02 UTC 2010

Hello,

> it is always a good advice to check /usr/ports/UPDATING before you start
> upgrading anything, there is a manual in how to upgrade php to version 5.3
> without problems (as far your application runs with 5.3).
Absolutely so! I wish I had done that.

I still have a strange problem. PHP seems almost fine at the moment.
Sites are working to some extent at least. But I need to add one php
extension so I went to /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions, followed by
make config.

There I deselected some of the extensions I do not really need plus
checked the one I am after.

The installation went fine (I did not notice any errors) but when I issue:

pkg_info -Ix php5
php5-5.3.2          PHP Scripting Language
php5-bcmath-5.3.2   The bcmath shared extension for php
php5-bz2-5.3.2      The bz2 shared extension for php
php5-ctype-5.3.2    The ctype shared extension for php
php5-dom-5.3.2      The dom shared extension for php
php5-extensions-1.4 A "meta-port" to install PHP extensions
php5-filter-5.3.2   The filter shared extension for php
php5-ftp-5.3.2      The ftp shared extension for php
php5-gd-5.3.2       The gd shared extension for php
php5-gettext-5.3.2  The gettext shared extension for php
php5-hash-5.3.2     The hash shared extension for php
php5-iconv-5.3.2    The iconv shared extension for php
php5-imap-5.3.2     The imap shared extension for php
php5-json-5.3.2     The json shared extension for php
php5-mbstring-5.3.2 The mbstring shared extension for php
php5-mcrypt-5.3.2   The mcrypt shared extension for php
php5-mysql-5.3.2    The mysql shared extension for php
php5-mysqli-5.3.2   The mysqli shared extension for php
php5-openssl-5.3.2  The openssl shared extension for php
php5-pdo-5.3.2      The pdo shared extension for php
php5-posix-5.3.2    The posix shared extension for php
php5-pspell-5.3.2   The pspell shared extension for php
php5-session-5.3.2  The session shared extension for php
php5-simplexml-5.3.2 The simplexml shared extension for php
php5-tokenizer-5.3.2 The tokenizer shared extension for php
php5-xml-5.3.2      The xml shared extension for php
php5-xmlreader-5.3.2 The xmlreader shared extension for php
php5-xmlwriter-5.3.2 The xmlwriter shared extension for php
php5-zip-5.3.2      The zip shared extension for php
php5-zlib-5.3.2     The zlib shared extension for php

I cannot find php5-pdf* which I was trying to install.

Would you have any advice as to why this is happening and how to
troubleshoot it on a  8.0-RELEASE-p2 with a Generic kernel?

Many, many thanks in advance!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.slowo.pl