nanobsd upgrade partitions

Maciej Milewski milu at dat.pl
Mon May 17 09:37:53 UTC 2010

Dnia poniedziałek, 17 maja 2010 o 10:06:05 Dimitar Vassilev napisał(a):
> Hello,
> Could someone advise how one should create 1 unused partition for
> upgrading nanobsd in myconf.nano? What variables should I put into the
> config file to have a such?
# Number of code images on media (1 or 2)
NANO_IMAGES=2
This should do it for you. It does it automaticaly to create two images of the
same size.

> How big it should be for 4GB card?
It depends on your needs. How much you need for your nanobsd installation.
Check how big it is now and add some space for future. If you will leave
enough room you won't need to reflash full disk but only image of one
partition/slice.

> Also what is the filesystem referred by  NANO_DATASIZE variable?
If I remember correctly DATASIZE is size of additional partition f.ex. for
application data that remains untouched between upgrading of nanobsd.

> Thanks in advance!
> Dimitar

Greetings,
Maciej Milewski