xfce display

Jean-Paul Natola jnatola at familycareintl.org
Fri May 14 19:56:15 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I installed Xorg and xfce when I start it (/usr/local/bin/startxfce)  my screen just shows vertical lines of many different colors on the screen,

The monitor (fairly old gateway 15" lcd)   works fine in regular text mode, on windows os's as well.

I do see this in the log

(II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
      Module class: X.Org Video Driver
      ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
(II) LoadModule: "i810"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module i810
(II) UnloadModule: "i810"
(EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "vesa"
(II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//vesa_drv.so
(II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"

Is the i810 chipset not supported?