user friendliest gui

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed May 12 18:58:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 10:47:24 -0700, Kurt Buff <kurt.buff at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, Denial of Service would be DoS. He's talking about Disk Operating
> System. Funny, though.

Well, and "Disk Operating System" is a language then? :-)

Okay okay, of course I knew that he was refering to batch
programming with DOS commands when using "DOS as a language".
When people mention "DOS", I fist think about DOS/360 and
afterwards about DOS (as CP/M successor) implementations
for the PC. Shows how old I am. :-)

Anyway, a bit of DOS batch programming experience helps
people intending to write a /bin/sh shell script, and if
this task is done, a "GUI wrapper", either using text mode
with dialog, or using Tcl/Tk in X is quite easy.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany