VirtualBox: no network

Anselm Strauss amsibamsi at gmail.com
Tue May 11 20:16:57 UTC 2010

Okay, so it works with the stock kernel when I don't load the module and
don't start the vboxnet service on boot, but just manually load the
vboxnetflt module when the system is up. Then I start virtualbox and the
network works fine. Unfortunately there is no indication what kernel
modules are needed. I think it needs at least netgraph and ng_ether. But
obviously that's not enough since network still doesn't work with my
custom kernel.

Oh, and then it regularly freezes my whole system after running for
about 20 minutes and I have to do a hardware reset ... ;-)