glabel nor tunefs save my labels

Demelier David demelier.david at gmail.com
Mon May 10 20:26:32 UTC 2010

Hi,
	I was trying to follow this guide to make labels :
	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/geom-glabel.html

	It does not work here, I boot single user and ran these commands :
	glabel label usr /dev/ad0s1f

	and it just jump to the next line, I do not have the following as
	described in the handbook :
	GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider /dev/ad0s1a is label/rootfs

	I exit the shell and let FreeBSD boot, and nothing in /dev/label,
	/dev/ufs etc..

	If I glabel create instead of label there is the label in /dev/label but
	not if I do it with glabel label.

	I have this in my kernel config :
	options	GEOM_VOL
	options	GEOM_GATE
	options	GEOM_STRIPE
	options	GEOM_PART_GPT
	options	GEOM_LABEL
	options	GEOM_ELI
	options	GEOM_PART_MBR
	options	GEOM_PART_EBR_COMPAT
	options	GEOM_PART_EBR
	options	GEOM_PART_BSD

	Do I am missing something? On my other machine it prints a lot of
	GEOM: ad2s1a: geometry does not match label (255h,63s != 16h,255s).
	GEOM: ad2s1c: geometry does not match label (255h,63s != 16h,255s).
	GEOM: ad2s1: geometry does not match label (255h,63s != 16h,255s).

	That I don't know how to fix it.

	If someone could help me, thanks.
	Cheers.

--