Live Filesystem (Fixit Console) and NFS FreeBSD8

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Mon May 10 20:06:28 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Grant Peel" <gpeel at thenetnow.com>
To: "Robert Bonomi" <bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: Live Filesystem (Fixit Console) and NFS FreeBSD8

> Robert,
>
> Maybe I should rephrase the question:
>
> What would the correct procedure be to connect a machine to an NFS share
> on another machine (local network, hardware already connected) with NFS
> using the FreeBSD(8)  Live CD (Fixit Console)?
>
> -Grant

All,

The client that had the new disk installed, and the data from the failing
hard disk copied over, has no problem connecting to the share now.

For the record, the NFS server is running freebsd 5.2.1, and the client was
using the FreeBSD 8 Live File System - Fixit console.

So the question remains, should I have been able to connect to an NFS share
on a local network, using the FreeBSD 8 (CD Based) live file system.

If there are certain parameters I should have used, what should they have
been?

I have searched and searched and I can find nothing that talks about
connecting to an NFS share from a client using the Live Filesystem.

Again, any tips would be appreciated,

-Grant