File system

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass9573 at gmx.com
Mon May 10 17:53:46 UTC 2010

Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have a FreeBSD VM running. Whenever I reboot the VM without a clean
> shutdown it boots into single user mode and I have to run fsck.
>
> When I run fsck, the file system clearly has issues.
>
> Is there any way to have FreeBSD run on a better file system that wont crap
> out on me everytime I do and unclean shutdown?

I am really surprised no one proposed geom journaling. With gjournal,
I never had to do a manual full fsck and have had plenty of unclean
shutdowns. I also occasionally do fsck the filesystem and there were
no errors ever found. It definitely adds the ease factor I am looking
for in a journaling sollution in the case of an unclean shutdown...

Nikos