how to find literal in file and them delete that line

Fbsd1 fbsd1 at a1poweruser.com
Mon May 10 04:36:08 UTC 2010

Sahil Tandon wrote:
> On Mon, 10 May 2010, Fbsd1 wrote:
>
>> Alberto Mijares wrote:
>>> man(1) sed
>>>
>> That makes no sense to me.
>> need example
>
> What makes no sense?  The sed(1) man page?  Which section in particular
> is confusing?  And please, explain the rationale for making your port
> automatically edit /etc/rc.conf.

editing /etc/rc.conf was just given as a example for the post.
Yes the whole man sed reads like Greek. For a neophyte programmer I can
not even begin to comprehend what its saying. That man page needs
examples of use. You have forgotten that those man pages are for
reference for people who all ready know how to use it. Its not intended
for novices. So yes it's useless to me.