Small computer to run a GUI?

Liontaur liontaur at gmail.com
Sat May 8 01:41:22 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a small (and relatively inexpensive) computer to run a GUI,
I don't much care if it's KDE or Gnome or one of the others. Just so that I
can browse the Internet using Firefox (unfortunately I may need to look at
some flash). So they need to be able to run FreeBSD (obviously), a GUI, have
a Cat5 port (10/100 is fine), and PS/2s for mouse and keyboard. USB is a
bonus but not necessary.

I remember seeing some kind of small terminals at the local library but I
can't remember now who made them I think it was Weis or Weir or something
like that but a google brings up nothing. I was hoping to either boot them
over a network or using a CF card or something with a small footprint as
well. I went checking out Soekris but couldn't really see if they offer a
GUI, the models I looked at didn't have a VGA port though. I was hoping for
something about 9 inches square and three inches thick, or smaller.

Thanks folks!

Mark