Addition to BSDstats

Fbsd1 fbsd1 at a1poweruser.com
Fri May 7 01:38:04 UTC 2010

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 6 May 2010, Robert Huff wrote:
>>
>>>  The problem with not including bsdstats in sysinstall or some
>>>  other means of bringing it to peoples attention is that it gets
>>>  forgotten and loses its effectiveness. Maybe it could go in the
 >>>  monthly subscription list reminder.

I think everyone agrees that bsdstats needs more visibility right from
the virgin install. Since its not appropriate to include bsdstats in the
sysinstall program. How about getting the RELEASE team to change the
content of the default logon message of the day /etc/motd, to advocacy
installing the bsdstats package. What do you think about this idea?