Accessing file from windows or to windows-CORRECTION

Jean-Paul Natola jnatola at familycareintl.org
Thu May 6 21:46:21 UTC 2010

>I'd be curious to know if it is still the case that ntfs writes are
>not reliable in that situation.  There are times when doing this
>can be handy on a dual-boot laptop, for example.  'Anyone out there
>care to comment on the state of ntfs rw access?

Sorry I was reading so much I go the commands mixed up, it's the mount_ntfs command I was quoting

"The windows NT/2000/XP standard filesystem, NTFS, is tightly integrated with Microsoft's kernel. To write to an NTFS partition, you must have extensive knowledge of how the filesystem works. Unfortunately, since that information is not available from Microsoft, you can read NTFS partitions but writing may corrupt the partition. The mount command is mount_ntfs(8)."

Note: Since Microsoft holds its filesystem interface so dear, and changes it regularly, don't count on this for frequent use. Using mount_ntfs can damage the filesystem