Hardware Compatibility

David emmel David.emmel at travimp.com
Thu May 6 13:19:45 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I have a quick question about server hardware compatibility. We're looking to buy a replacement server and the HP ProLiant DL320 G6 E5502 was listed as a possible option.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/15351-15351-3328412-241644-241475-3929672-3942218-3942219.html

The FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE hardware list doesn't list the included Smart Array B110i SATA RAID controller as compatible so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this hardware.

Alternatively if anyone has recommendations of a different model or brand of server that is more compatible in the $2500 range, please let me know. We use it for simple web development for a group of 12 people and run samba, apache, php, mysql

Thank you for your time,
David

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.
Thank you."