Magic Jack VOIP telephone

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Wed May 5 19:53:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Lee Shackelford
<lee_shackelford at dot.ca.gov> wrote:

> Good afternoon, FreeBSD enthusiasts.  Have any of you attempted to use
> Magic Jack VOIP telephone with an Intel workstation equipped with FreeBSD

Hi there, and sorry to be so blunt.

MagicJack is a piece of crap. The dongle is just an a/d conerter to
plug-in a regular phone, the rest is pure software. I had to throow 2
away because of lack of Linux support and just stuck with Skype who
now BTW offers international SIP services, so I also hooked up Skype +
Asterisk. This means you can purchase Skype phone # and attach it to
your Asterisk and everything in FBSD. No Windoze crappy software.