Addition to BSDstats

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed May 5 00:41:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Wed, 5 May 2010, Fbsd1 wrote:
>
> Most odd ... what is in your /var/db/bsdstats file ... ?  I've had no
> reports of problems in many months now ...

Don't worry about it, found and fixed that bug ... it had to do with
trying to masquarade behind haproxy, so it looked like all systems were
coming in from Panama if they were running the newest code ... which means
alot of ppl out there were running *old* code ...

Basically, by setting up haproxy to load balance, all IPs hitting the
backend were, as mentioned before, masquaraded ... but, of course, that
means that when Geo::IP trying to determine country of origin, it always
reports for the country of origin of the haproxy IP (Panama) ...

I've fix this ... still not recording IP, but at least the PHP script
determing country basis it on the proper IP, not the haproxy IP ...

No changes required on the client side, as things will normalize over the
course of the next month as ppl report in ...

If anyone on FreeBSD wishes to 'force an update':

   /usr/local/etc/periodic/monthly/300.statistics -nodelay

will push it through ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy at hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy at hub.org