xfce4 and xorg-7.5

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sun May 2 21:18:04 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2 May 2010, Tijl Coosemans wrote:

>> I pkg_deleted all three, rebuilt libICE (because it's a requirement for
>> xfce4-settings) and then the other two... and it still has the problem.
>
> Shouldn't that be xfce4-session instead of xfce4-settings?

xfce4-settings first, but I just completed a 'portupgrade -Rf
xfce4-settings'.  Like the other attempts, it did no harm but didn't
solve the problem of xfce sometimes immediately quitting on startup.

This post suggests deinstalling x11-wm/xfce4-session altogether:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?ef8c8a881003211016r57b184bagb65e5a2dd1038952

Without xfce4-session, xfce starts and runs every time.