xfce4 and xorg-7.5

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Sun May 2 17:11:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2 May 2010 18:46:13 +0200
Tijl <tijl at coosemans.org> articulated:

[snip]

> Have you tested in between those and it only started to work after
> libICE? Or did you rebuild all in one go?

Actually, first I rebuilt 'dbus' and rebooted the system. No success.

Then I rebuilt "xfce4-panel" and "xfce4-settings" and attempted to start
Xfce4 without success.

Finally, I rebuilt "libICE" as described above, rebooted the system and
started Xfce4 successfully.

I think the key is to delete the package before attempting to
build/install it. It might be picking up an old lib or some such think.
Lately that seems to be a common problem.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny at hotmail.com

Anybody who doesn't cut his speed at the
sight of a police car is probably parked.