Enough Is Enough

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Tue Mar 30 01:58:42 UTC 2010

On 03/28/10 09:46, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
<snip>
> this scripts outputs the commands needed to fix the system

I'm having some problems with the script.

> watch out
> ==================================
> #!/bin/sh
>
> endp() {
> 	rm -f $t
> 	exit $1
> }
>
> t=/tmp/$$
>
> if [ $# -ne 1 ]
> then
> 	echo use $0 library
> 	endp 1
> fi
>
> lib=$1
>
> find /usr/local/bin /usr/local/lib -name -type f | \

Is the 'f' a typo? I had to remove it because find kept on erroring on it.

> while read x
> do
> 	grep $lib $x | \
> 	awk '{print $3}' | \
> 	while read y
> 	do
> 		pkg_info -W $y  >> $t
> 	done
> done
> awk '{print $NF}' $t | sort -u > /tmp/buildpkglist
> echo nice portmaster -Bdg `cat /tmp/buildpkglist`
> endp 0

The final output (after removing the stray 'f'):

./portmaster-script jpeg
awk: can't open file /tmp/42352
 source line number 1
nice portmaster -Bdg

ran as regular user and root to no different affect.

I switched out all instances of awk for grep with the following result:

./portmaster-script jpeg
grep: /tmp/42436: No such file or directory
nice portmaster -Bdg

Thanks for the suggestion, but this script doesn't seem to work on my
system and I can't seem to figure out what exactly is causing it to fail.

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.