Create GMIRROR only one slice

krad kraduk at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 29 20:10:44 UTC 2010

2010/3/29 Дмитрий Бехтерев <dbehterev at gmail.com>

> [...]

Dont boot into the os, create the gmirror from the fixit mode of a cd, or
build a usb stick with freebsd on. You will need to newfs the gmirror device
after that so backup the data currently on /, then copy it back afterwards.

I have to ask, as you are using zfs why not just do a zfs root? If you do
decide to go for this option, use gpart to create gpt layouts, as you wont
run into partition size limitations if you upgrade the drives to big ones in
the future