ezjail

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Mon Mar 22 16:57:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 08:40:58PM +0800, Aiza typed:

> >This will enable him to ping another host from within the jail. I won't
> >do anything for ftp.
> >
> >OP: what exact error do you get? And does ftp work *within* the jail
> >(ftp localhost)?
>
> with sysctl security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=1  done on the host. From
> within the jail did ping -c 2 10.0.10.6 which is a pc on the lan gives
> me socket: Operation not permitted mesg.

weird. did you actually execute the sysctl statement or just put it in
/etc/sysctl.conf?

> And ftp from 10.0.10.6 to 10.0.20.30 the ftp jail gives me no connection
> error.

This is not helpfull. Copy/paste the exact error message (and what you did.
We are not psychics).

> Just how am i to determine if ftp work *within* the jail ftp localhost?

As I said: from within the jail, execute the command "ftp localhost". No rocket
science involved.