how to compare permissions between two dirs

Aryeh M. Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:33:31 UTC 2010

In switching to a new make file for a personal project I have run into
the problem of under the old makefile everything works (web site) and
under the new one it does not... when manually looking at the two dirs
they appear identical in layout, sizes and perms (dir and file level)
but I want to make sure... is there any way to compare two diff dirs and
see if they only differ in date stamps? (note since there are several
developers working on this project I need to compare even if the owners
are diff)