FreeBSD Version recommend for OLD machine

Joseph Lenox lordofhyphens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 23:38:09 UTC 2010

I had my fileserver running on a P3-1Ghz with Freebsd-8 for a good long
while. I eventually replaced it with a dual-socket opteron board I got
on ebay for something like $50 after shipping (with processors, seller
was getting rid of 600 or so blades).

I'm pretty sure the auction is still up if anyone cares. The board runs
great with FBSD 8.0-Release amd64