can't ping localhost

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Thu Mar 11 11:07:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 02:47:35AM +0000, Anton Shterenlikht typed:

> > I believe -current has a issue where you can not ping localhost atm
> >

> all my machines are current, but some are more current than others..

Why exactly are you running -current? People that do are supposed to do some investigations
themselves, and if they still can't find the cause at least provide information like
(in this case) routing info, ifconfig etc and what they have done to investigate,

> Well, the ping issue is just an example.
> My real problem is that sendmail can't send
> anything locally:

The real problem is the routing got busted by a bad commit. This affects both ping and sendmail
(and many others).

I recommend you run a -stable branch.

Ruben