KDE firefox integration

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Mar 10 23:03:05 UTC 2010

On 03/07/2010 12:29, Josh Paetzel wrote:
> On Sunday 07 March 2010 10:53:29 Anselm Strauss wrote:

>>> Another trick that PC-BSD uses....which might be more of what you are
>>>
>>>   asking about is the installation of a port called
>>>   x11-themes/gtk-qt4-engine  This port allows gtk applications to be
>>>   displayed using qt, which helps integrate the look of things like FF,
>>>   Thunderbird, OOo with KDE.
>>
>> I already installed the gtk-qt4-engine, but it has some serious bugs.
>> Scroll bars are not painted, tab borders are painted at the wrong
>> position, etc. Could this be because I modified some of KDEs appearance
>> options?

The gtk-qt4-engine works great here, not run into those problems you
describe. Check the gtk-qt4-engine configuration gui in KDE4's system
settings though, there is a fix you can enable to fix scrollbar issues.

>> Are there any other integration tweaks, like icons, keyboard shortcuts,
>> file chooser dialog, ... ?

We've not modified anything else like that, just standard stuff.

>> Thanks,
>> Anselm

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software