is there a native driver for 'Dell Wireless 1397'?

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass9573 at gmx.com
Wed Mar 10 12:16:13 UTC 2010

On 3/10/2010 1:00 PM, George Liaskos wrote:
> No, i do not have this card but i trust the man pages :)

Me too. Yet I will not buy new/non-mainstream hardware based on
the manual. Hence the question...

All I am looking for is an "I have and it works with FreeBSD-[89]
and amd64|x86".

 > I found this post :
 > http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php/product/4325/sl/i
 >
 >> 0c:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g
(rev 01)

 > Maybe what you find is based on experiences before May 16, 2009?

Yes, prior to the 8.0 release.
All I find online is about failure and references about the driver
being included in FreeBSD-8 branch.

Nikos