powerd on 8.0, is it considered safe?

David Rawling djr at pdconsec.net
Tue Mar 9 20:52:12 UTC 2010

On 8/03/2010 9:47 PM, Dan Naumov wrote:
> Is powerd finally considered stable and safe to use on 8.0? At least
> on 7.2, it consistently caused panics when used on Atom systems with
> Hyper-Threading enabled, but I recall that Attilio Rao was looking
> into it.
I can confirm I've been running it on an Atom 330 board, with HyperThreading, on 8.0-RELEASE-p2, for quite some time now:

timeserver ~ 66>  uptime

  7:43AM  up 11 days, 13:34, 1 user, load averages: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00

And /etc/rc.conf:

powerd_flags="-i 85 -r 60 -p 100"

Although now looking at it I don't know if it's working ...

Dave.

--
David Rawling
Principal Consultant

PD Consulting And Security
7 Virginia Ave
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153
Australia
Mob: +61 412 135 513
Email: djr at pdconsec.net

Please note that whilst we take all care, neither PD Consulting and Security nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan for viruses. The contents are intended only for use by the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material and any use by other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and/or addressee immediately and delete the material.