Downloading issue!

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Tue Mar 9 15:31:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Emmanuel Opio <immanuel511 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am studying at a University in E. Africa but the problem is that our
> server administrators blocked "ftp" and filtered out images, so we can not
> download any image file, the most common extension for operating systems.

They're obviously having bandwidth problems.

How about asking them nicely to fetch the ISOs once to their central server,
and let students download them from there as often as they like? I've worked
in multiple University IT departments, and we've never turned down a reasonable
request like this, even when bandwidth was severely limited and quotas were
in place. They probably won't either at your U.

Maybe asking via a C.S. professor would have even more effect. ;-)

> Emmanuel

Regards,
-cpghost.

--