warning: network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the network: Connection reset by peer

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 11:11:34 UTC 2010

Since updating to FreeBSD 7.3-PRERELEASE, I am having problems with my
mail server. I have Postfix (2.7-20100117) installed. When sending, this
warning message appears in the mail log:

warning: network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the
network: Connection reset by peer

When I posted this on the Postfix forum, Wietse Venema, the author of
Postfix, replied:

Connection reset by peer (or error code ECONNRESET) means that the
other party hung up.

This never happened prior to updating FreeBSD to FreeBSD
7.3-PRERELEASE. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

I trust the first lion he meets will do his duty.

	J. P. Morgan on Teddy Roosevelt's safari