ports/144357: emulators/wine build failure

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Mar 7 23:15:16 UTC 2010

Hi Eitan,

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Eitan Adler wrote:
>> Which version of flex are you using (you can find out running
>> /usr/local/bin/flex --version)?
> %flex --version
> flex version 2.5.4

that is the system version of flex; I was specifically asking for
the one in /usr/local/bin/flex which is used by the wine port (since
the system one is too old for wine).

> WITHOUT_NLS=YES
> OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=yes
> PERL_VERSION=5.10.1
>
> that is all. Perhaps it is the NLS which is causing a problem?

It should not, but if you can rebuild flex and Wine without this, that
would be an interesting data point.

My take it this is that _something_ is causing flex to generate incorrect
code or the toolchain is miscompiling something.  That's why I asked about
the version of flex you are using, that is the one thing I could think of.
(Over here it is flex 2.5.35, the package 2.5.35_3.)

Gerald