Ports overlay

CyberLeo Kitsana cyberleo at cyberleo.net
Sun Mar 7 08:45:44 UTC 2010

Hi!

By necessity and convenience, I have developed a series of additions and
changes to the ports tree. These changes are probably not worthy of
inclusion into the official tree, so I'm looking to maintain an overlay,
of sorts, in the spirit of Gentoo's overlay capability.

Is there an official method of hooking changes into a ports tree, while
maintaining the ability to csup or portsnap the unmodified version? How
do others tackle this particular problem?

Thanks!

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo