Port/package install preview

daniele glimp at live.com
Fri Mar 5 16:02:08 UTC 2010

On 03/05/10 16:43, Anselm Strauss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to do a real preview with portupgrade? I want to see all
> ports that would be installed/upgraded when installing a particular port.
> The --noexecute option doesn't really show me a lot. How would this be done
> with packages? pkg_add would have to download all packges first to be able
> to calculate all dependencies, or can it operate on an index file?
>
> Anselm

Hello !

Take a look at the 'ports' manpage and you will find a mean on how to
get useful information on the ports collection (configuring building
discover dependencies etc..) :

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ports&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+8.0-RELEASE&format=html

Examples

*     fetch-list
		Show list of files to be fetched in order to build the port.

*     run-depends-list, build-depends-list
		      Print a list of all the compile and run dependencies, and
dependencies of those dependencies, by port directory.

etc...