Flash viewer for FBSD

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Fri Mar 5 10:53:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Pongthep Kulkrisada <ptkrisada at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that ``flash viewer'' is not installed.
> Shockwave/Adobe/Macromedia flash viewers are not shipped with FBSD CD.

I'm running OpenSolaris/x86 as guest in VirtualBox on FreeBSD/amd64
for that, since Adobe provides a Flash plugin for this platform. It's not an
ideal solution and pretty heavy on resources, but at least it works for the
very rare occasions I absolutely need Flash support (I usually tend to
avoid sites that depend exclusively on Flash anyway).

> It looks very bad for browsing web without flash viewer.
> I tried installing from ports.
> - opera-linuxplugins-10.10.xxxx
> - linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0
> - f4l-0.2.1.4 (I guess it stands for ``flash for linux''.)
> But they do not fix the problem.
> Anyone who can fix this problem please point me out.
>
> Thanks,
> Pongthep

Regards,
-cpghost.