xorg, xdm, desktop env

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Thu Mar 4 23:58:06 UTC 2010

On 03/04/10 17:43, Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Polytropon wrote:
<snip>
>> As far as I know, earlier X installations came with the
>> tab window manager - twm. This doesn't seem to be the case
>> anymore.
>
> twm is still enabled by default as part of the x11/xorg-apps port.

I can confirm that, and I too have problems with XDM despite having
'exec wmaker' in my .xinitrc in my home directory (sometimes XDM will
kick me out to the login, sometimes it will just take me to a blank
session wherein I can do nothing). I'd like to use XDM and have it start
on boot so I'm interested in the outcome of this.
--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.