Automated kernel crash reporting system

Jason jhelfman at e-e.com
Thu Mar 4 18:57:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 05:50:56AM -0800, sean connolly thus spake:
>Hi Dan,
>
>Automatic reporting would end up being a mess given that panics can be caused by hardware problems. Having an autoreport check if memtest was run before it reports, or having it only run with -CURRENTmight be useful.
>
>Sean

I only slightly disagree, in that in a production environment it may be
useful to have the information regardless of the branch to report to an
internal company e-mail address.

But, maybe there is a routine for -CURRENT to go to @freebsd, in addition to
an internal address.

Just some thoughts...