fusefs-cryptofs vs fusefs-cryptofs

Tim Gustafson tjg at soe.ucsc.edu
Wed Jun 30 16:11:24 UTC 2010

Hi, all.

I was wondering if anyone could offer any personal experience with using either fusefs-cryptofs or fusefs-cryptofs.

I'm going to be bringing a FreeBSD OpenLDAP server online soon and I need to have the contents of the OpenLDAP database encrypted in the event of a physical security breach, and so I need a reliable and efficient disk encryption scheme to handle that.  I was thinking of encrypting /var/db/openldap using either fusefs-cryptofs or fusefs-cryptofs, but I'm not sure which would be better to use for this sort of application.

Thanks!

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz