Would you recommend installing 8.1RC2?

Antonio Vieiro antonio at antonioshome.net
Mon Jun 28 15:32:21 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Thanks all for your replies.

First of all: I've seen 8.1RC2 announced here:
http://www.evilcoder.org/2010/06/27/freebsd-8-1-rc2-released/
But there're no links, I imagine it's about to be released or something.

I think I'll try 8.1RC2 as soon as it's released. I also think that the
differences should be minimal. I think I'll start reinstalling the
workstation first (so that I can cross-compile ports to my laptop
afterwards) and then I'll go through the process of backing-up my laptop
and installing FreeBSD there.

Thanks again,
Antonio