Virtualization with USB on Freebsd 8

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Thu Jun 24 16:09:57 UTC 2010

On Jun 24 18:58, stephan at theched.org wrote:
> Good morning/afternoon/evening,
>
> Do you know of any virtualisation solution that would allow USB devices
> when using Freebsd-8 as host ?
>
> We do indeed have virtualbox-OSE, but without USB support....
>
> Basically I would use that to fire-up a WinXP session allowing my to sync
> various USB devices that I cannot sync using my Freebsd box (iPod, GPS
> etc.)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Steven

Not sure about other USB devices, but I use virtualbox-ose on FreeBSD host,
and Windows 7 sees the USB wireless keyboard and mouse without any
fiddling.  But perhaps that's because FreeBSD also sees them and
virtualizes them.

Sterling (Chip) Camden
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com | http://chipsquips.com