i386 wine on amd64 - DRI a lost cause?

xorquewasp at googlemail.com xorquewasp at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:11:49 UTC 2010

I have a full i386 tree installed at /jail/wine (ignore the 'jail' in
the name, I'll run it as a plain chroot if necessary) created with 'make
buildworld TARGET=i386'.

I've built and installed wine into the jail/chroot and it works fine.
The problem: I can't get any kind of DRI to work in the jail/chroot. DRI
is working fine on the host system. Any program that attempts to use DRI
in the chroot/jail immediately segfaults.

I built and installed a 32 bit version of graphics/dri into the
jail/chroot as glxinfo reported that direct rendering was disabled due
to missing files. I then made /dev/dri visible in the jail/chroot.

Can an i386 version of DRI not talk to an amd64 kernel? Is there some
other way I should be doing this?

I'm using a radeon card that uses r300_dri.so, if that's at all
significant.

Regards, xw

PS: Please CC as I'm not subscribed.