Problem running fdisk via sysinstall

Nicholas Mills nlmills at g.clemson.edu
Wed Jun 23 23:46:41 UTC 2010

Mark,

I'm certainly no expert, but I think I can point you in the right direction.
The system appears to be attempting to read from a GPT stored on the disk
from when you used it on Linux. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I do know
that some GPT info is stored near the end of the drive. The easy (but slow)
solution would be to use dd to write zeros to the entire drive (da1).

Hope this helps,

Nick