utility to all ALL strings?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Jun 18 20:56:33 UTC 2010

this goes back >> a few years, but is there, somewhere in ports, a
utility that goes thru the entire system and collects either all
file names or all strings---i do not think this operated on
binaries [:-)]--- and hashed and compressed everything?

i remember thinking about it, but because back then my fastest
computer was 500MHz , i thought better =not= to do it.   now that
i spend so much time hunting for stuuff, i think i could cron
this utility.  --If it wasn't a figment of my imagination!

gary

    The 7.83a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php
           http://journey.thought.org  99 44/100% Guaranteed Novel