X11 stopped working

Caleb Stein caleb.stein at me.com
Fri Jun 18 05:18:25 UTC 2010

I was updating some ports (glib, png, jpeg, atk), and I did it
incorrectly, by doing "make deinstall" and then "make install".  After I
rebooted X11 won't run at all.  I tried to run "portupgrade -Rr xorg" but
I didn't help.  I have KDE4 configured to run at startup, and it tries to
run, and then exits to the prompt with this message:

Received unknown or unexpected command -2 from greeter
Abnormal termination of greeter for display :0, code 1, signal 0

How should I go about fixing this?