SATA time outs

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 19:12:08 UTC 2010

Michael Powell wrote:
[snip]

> As far as the ATA driver code, if you have recently changed from 7.x to
> 8.x that might be worth considering. If there has been a regression I'm
> sure a PR would be in order. Just a few random thoughts off the top of my
> head. But me, the first thing I'd do is dump the Seagates.

After a reread when it finally stuck that this started with an upgrade to 8,
I like Mathew's suggestion to use a 7.x LiveCD (and possibly a -Stable
snapshot as well) to see if it is a 7.x vs 8.x problem. Even so, there still
might be a possibility that firmware in the drive tickled something in 8.x
that it didn't hit under 7.x.

-Mike