Burning CDs on FreeBSD 7.2

Mark Terribile materribile at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 17:58:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have several systems, one on 5.4 and two on 7.2 .  I keep the 5.4 system because every time I upgrade something breaks and cannot be fixed without (apparently) weeks of effort.  I *am* trying to get off it.

Now: my 5.4 system is down until I replace some hardware.  In the meantime I need to burn about forty data CDs.  I've been using burncd on 5.4 but when I try it on 7.2 the drive and process lock up during the fixate step.  Clearing them requires a reboot.

Does anyone have advice, pointers, etc.?  If you point me to pseudo-SCSI, please give me pointers to all parts of the solution, since the various man pages don't have proper links to each other.  (Hint to man page authors: the SEE ALSO entries are very important, and you must consider ALL levels, from other apps to the system calls used.)

Thank you for your help.

    Mark Terribile