* wildcard in.sh script

Svein Skogen (Listmail Account) svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Tue Jun 15 08:33:47 UTC 2010

On 15.06.2010 10:25, Aiza wrote:
> I have a directory with files in it. The first 3 letters of the file
> names is the group prefix. I'm trying to write a script to accept the 3
> letter of the group followed by a * to mean its a prefix lookup. But
> when I run it I get a message "NO match" that is not issued by the
> script. Its like * is not allowed as input.
>
> Looking for sample .sh code for handling this standard type of lookup or
> some online tutorial that has sample code for bourne shell programming.
>
> .

Just for the fun of it. Try escaping the asterisk ("\*") and see if that
works?

//Svein

--
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | svein at d80.iso100.no
  \ /   |Solberg Østli 9    | PGP Key:  0xE5E76831
   X    |2020 Skedsmokorset | svein at jernhuset.no
  / \   |Norway             | PGP Key:  0xCE96CE13
        |                   | svein at stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |svein at jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
         If you really are in a hurry, mail me at
               svein-mobile at stillbilde.net
 This mailbox goes directly to my cellphone and is checked
        even when I'm not in front of my computer.
                     Picture Gallery:
          https://gallery.stillbilde.net/v/svein/